Black beans, as with most beans, are essentially a complete food with nutritious amounts of protein and carbohydrates, and are very healthy for you as well. They can be mixed with so many other veggies, used as a side dish, such as a salad, which we will do now.
Black bean salad
- 1 can 15-19 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed carefully
- 1 can 15 1/4 oz of corn niblets drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp Ranch Dressing (low fat)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and toss salad until Ranch Dressing is mixed completely with the rest of the ingredients.
- Now, if that is not easy, what is?
- This healthy recipe makes 3 1/2 cups and makes a great side salad for chicken or fish.