At SBcanning, I have been looking for good basmati rice recipes so I can get my complex carbohydrate, protein and great flavor and enjoy eating this rice. So I have found what I call an Exotic Basmati Rice recipe.
Exotic basmati rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups basmati rice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Using a 3 quart sauce pan, heat to a medium high with extra virgin oil.
- Add cumin seeds, curry and cinnamon powder and heat for one minute.
- Stir in basmati rice and sea salt.
- Reduce heat to simmer, put cover on for about 15-20 minutes until all the liquid disappears and rice is tender.
- Exotic Basmati Rice recipe is recommended as a side dish, but I often feel like making a meal out of rice and add fresh or frozen fresh vegetables on top and will pre-fry some cod or halibut and serve with lemons and parsley as garnish.
- Recipe feeds 6.
- This is a great healthy recipe to end your day with.