I use 1 tbsp butter (bad bad girl) but to be healthier, one could use 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil? I think I will start doing that as well. Believe me, it will taste just as special with the olive oil.
Potato pepper pan
This is an excellent, easy side dish to serve with chicken, pork, fish, or any egg dishes.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups diced potatoes (I use red/white fresh potatoes and leave the skins on) just wash them well.
- 1 cup green and 1 cup red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute potatoes in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add green and red peppers; saute just until just cooked. (5 minutes).
- Stir in milk, sea salt, then sprinkle well with freshly ground pepper.
- Place in glass baking dish 9″x 13” and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 F degrees for 15 minutes at the most.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4-6 people. Yummy!
Leave a Reply