For those of you who like hamburgers, you can now choose ground sirloin bulked up with healtlhy egg and whole wheat bread crumbs.
Chipotle asian sirloin hamburgers
- 1 lb Lean ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, light soy sauce, ginger root, egg, sea salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Make 3-4 patties that are 3/4 inch thick.
- Barbecue over medium-high heat on lightly oiled grill for 5 to 7 minutes. Healthy Recipes recommends you use a meat thermometer (digital) inserted sideways into the centre of each pattie. Each pattie must be 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) before it is considered cooked.
Now comes the fun part! Toppings for sirloin burgers are:
- Pineapple Pepper Salsa-using small pineapple pieces, a sweet red pepper chopped, 1/2 cup minced red onion, adding 2 tbsp of lime juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Then add chopped fresh cilantro, and freshly ground pepper.
- English Cucumber Special-Mix 2 tbsp thinly sliced English cucumber, 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill, and 2 tbsp rice vinegar, and lastly, sweet chipotle sauce.
- Use crisped romaine lettuce on top of the base of the sirloin burger.
- Now this is what we call a “real whopper sirloin burger.”
- For those who like mustard on their burgers, add a mix of 1/4 cup Dijon mustard and 2 tbsp of wasabi paste.
- SBcanning feels this is an excellent meal in itself. Use whole grain hamburger buns, and for fun add on a platter beefsteak tomatoes, roasted red peppers. The sky is the limit when creating burgers.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4.