This vinaigrette is great with Halibut (my favorite fish). Also, it is good with salmon or swordfish.
Lemon basil vinaigrette
- 1 tsp lemon grated zest
- 2 tbsp freshly sqeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves cut in halves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Spear the garlic on tines of a fork and use it to beat the lemon juice mixture. Beat the oil in and then stir in capers, basil and tomatoes.
- Voila – it is done; the simplest, basil lemon vinaigrette and it will taste oh so good on your halibut, salmon or swordfish.
- See Baked Halibut with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette under Main Menu – Fish.
- Healthy Dressing Recipe will serve 4.