Notice the Chipotle Dip ingredients also uses low fat sour cream, only 2 tbsp chipotle sauce and 2 tbsp of light (low fat) mayonnaise. I love this recipe and use it often because it is carefully created to contain less calories per serving, and it savors the flavor as well.
Sesame chicken drumsticks with dip
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 organic free run egg beaten
- 8 organic chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt, paprika and oregano
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil cooking spray
CHIPOTLE MAYONNAISE DIP INGREDIENTS:
- 1 hot house tomato, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Turn oven to 375F degrees.
- Use a wire rack on baking sheet that has been covered with foil. Lightly spray rack with cooking oil spray.
- Mix sesame seeds, bread crumbs, and seasonings into a wide bowl.
- Place beaten organic egg in another bowl.
- Next, dip drumsticks in egg first; then into seeded mixture, making certain the drumsticks to coat evenly. Spray drumsticks ever so lightly with vegetable cooking oil spray. This will enhance the browning nicely.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Turn temperature to 400F degrees and bake for another 8 minutes. Chicken must be golden and the juices must be clear when tested with a fork. At this point, I would pat the chicken lightly and set aside while making Chipotle Dip.
- Combine chipotle, low fat, light mayonnaise, tomatoes, low fat sour cream, chipotle pepper, cumin and sea salt. Blend mixture. This makes an incredibly tasty dip to be served with the drumsticks. What a grand idea this is!
- Serve as an appetizer (you may want to double the recipe if you are having more guests).
- Add a tasty salad and a rice pilaf to make a full meal. See Salad Section, and Rice Section for ideas.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4 people. Enjoy!