At SBcanning, we often choose delightful, easy and fragrant side dishes that will compliment most any recipe, for example, the Saffron Couscous dish will marry with most any poultry, rice, seafood or Spanish dishes.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/8 crushed saffron threads
- 1 medium Spanish onion (my favorite) sliced into half moons
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf-parsley
- In a medium frying pan and over a medium heat, melt the butter, Add saffron and cook, stirring for about one minute.
- Add the onions, stirring constantly, until the onions are transparent.
- Then add the chicken stock and one cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous to the chicken stock and saffron mixture and stir. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Toss couscous lightly with a fork and sprinkle with parsley and viola – ready to eat!
- Healthy Recipe serves 4 – it is a delight!