At SBcanning, we try to use recipes that are easy to make, and fast to cook, such as red lentils, sometimes called the “faster bean“, because they cook just like rice. Keep some dried lentils in your pantry for a quick meal.
Red lentil curry soup
Red lentils can be used in place of rice, Bulgar, beans, meats as they are high in protein, are filling and make beautiful soups and stews.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 29 oz canned chicken broth
- 8 ounces of dry red lentils, washed and drained
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp yogurt per serving of soup
- In a medium Crock Pot, heat olive oil; add cumin, coriander, red pepper and cinnamon. Stir until you notice the aroma of the herbs and spices (about one minute). Add a bell pepper and carrots. Cook until just tender, approximately five minutes. Add chicken broth and red lentils. You may wish to add a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer until lentils are tender; about 20 minutes. Add mixture to your Kitchen Cuisinart Blender to puree until smooth.
- Serve with dollop of yogurt, in your best soup bowls.
- This healthy recipe will serve 4 people. SBcanning gives a thumbs up!
Leave a Reply