One of SBcanning’s favorite salads is with orso risotto and green peas, mint and feta cheese with tomatoes.
Easy orzo salad with peas
It is so refreshing, and well as extremely healthy.
- 2 cups uncooked orzo rice with dried tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup small tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup english cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 chopped black olives
- 2-2 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing fat free
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook orzo risotto in a skillet with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and once sauteed for 5 minutes, slowly add chicken stock and let simmer until orzo has thickened (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Drain orzo, let chill. Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat salad. Cover with plastic and you can refrigerate overnight for that “extra” flavor.
- Healthy Recipe makes 6 servings. Yummy!
Leave a Reply