One of SBcanning’s favorite salads is with orso risotto and green peas, mint and feta cheese with tomatoes.
Easy orzo salad with peas
- 2 cups uncooked orzo rice with dried tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup small tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup english cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 chopped black olives
- 2-2 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing fat free
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Cook orzo risotto in a skillet with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and once sauteed for 5 minutes, slowly add chicken stock and let simmer until orzo has thickened (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- Drain orzo, let chill. Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat salad. Cover with plastic and you can refrigerate overnight for that “extra” flavor.
- Healthy Recipe makes 6 servings. Yummy!