There is something so good about lime juice on chicken.
Citrus - grilled chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeno pepper with seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
Mixed salad greens
- 1 melon salsa
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cantaloupe diced 1/4″ thick
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh cut basil
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and finely chopped jalapeno. Stir in 2 tbsp lime juice, garlic, soy sauce. Turn chicken to marinate in sauce at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- To make salsa, halve the cucumbers lengthwise. Remove seeds with the tip of a spoon and drag it the length of the cucumber piece; slice cucumber 1/4 inch thick.
- Toss cucumber, cantaloupe, tomatoes, basil and jalapeno with lime juice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler or barbecue and coat with non-stick vegetable spray. Discard marinade from chicken.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Move chicken to cutting board and cut breasts in diagonal strips about 1/4 in thick. Toss with melon salsa.
- Divide salad greens on 4 plates and spoon chicken and melon mixture on top of each.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4 people.