SBcanning recommends this delightful side dish; green beans Indonesian style.
Indonesian green spiced beans
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 3 cloves garlic sliced very thinly
- 2 green hot pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp minced ginger root
- 3/4 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp hot chili paste
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin peanut oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp Kikkoman sauce (soy sauce)
- 1/2 Dash of oyster sauce
- Cut beans diagonally about 2 inches in length; set aside
- Using a skillet or a wok, heat oil, fry shallots, garlic, hot peppers and add cumin seeds cooking until shallots are light golden color.
- Add beans, shredded coconut, stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and stir-fry for another minute before adding the chopped tomatoes (canned).
- Stir-fry until beans are tender and crispy. If there is a problem with sticking, just sprinkle a little water over the stir-fry.
- Stir in lime juice and Kikkoman sauce.
- This delightfully healthy recipe serves 4 – 6 servings.