SBcanning has received easy to make potato soup recipe that takes little time, and makes a quick meal with a whole wheat biscuit and a small green salad.
- 4 rashers bacon (I pat pieces with paper towel)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium-large russet potatoes, quartered and sliced
- 1 pkg chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon into small pieces and fry over medium-low heat until crispy. Save 1 tbsp fat. Add onions and cook until translucent, stirring to prevent browning. Add sliced potatoes and stir in with other ingredients.
- Pour in water and add chicken broth. Cook uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh whole wheat bread or cheese scones.