SBcanning has this incredible curried potato and cauliflower soup, with scrumptious dumpling using Nutriflour, new Robin Hood flour in most of your large grocery stores. Use a light sour cream and we will have a delicious soup that will delight you.
Curried potato and cauliflower soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 4 cups potatoes (regular baking potatoes) diced
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 8 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 Sea salt to taste
- 1 Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in soup pot over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add curry powder and cook one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients with the exception of one cup of cauliflowerets; bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Puree vegetables with a hand-held blender. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add remaining cauliflowerets and return to heat on simmer.
- Now for the Dumplings:
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup water, 2 tsp butter and 1 tsp sea salt to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/3 cups of Nutriblend Flour until mixed very well. Set aside to cool.
- Move above ingredients from small sauce pan to a large bowl.
- Stir in 2 eggs, 1/2 cups chopped parsley, 1 tsp coriander and 1 tsp freshly ground pepper.
- Drop dumpling batter by teaspoons into simmering soup.
- Close soup pan cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in low fat sour cream.
- Healthy Recipes feels this curried soup is one of the best all time soups. It is simply scrumptious with the healthy dumplings!
- This constitutes a “main meal” course.