I love pancakes and have found an easy way to eat them without always worrying about the sugar content. One way is to use soya flour, but another is to use Robin Hood’s new flour, Nutri-Flour. SBcanning has done it again!
- 1 cup Nutri-Blend Robin Hood Flour (or Soya Flour)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg (organically produced)
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 5 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 dash of Icing Sugar to fancy the pancakes up
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and sea salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg lightly, then add milk and virgin olive oil.
- Add to dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Heat up griddle to a medium-high heat.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cup onto lightly oiled (wipe off excess) griddle allowing it form about a 5 - 6 “circle. Turn when bubbles appear on top and flip over. Place on an attractive oven-safe platter.
- Keep apple pancakes in 225F oven to keep warm until ready for eating. Very lightly dust just prior to serving.
- These healthy recipe of apple pancakes taste wonderfully fresh and I recommend you serve them with a dish of freshly cut fruit with perhaps a little low-fat, low calorie, plain yogurt.