It makes me feel good to put out such a tasty pancake that is healthy as well.
Oatmeal pancake surprise
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nutri-flour or regular flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pour buttermilk over whole rolled oats, flour and sugar.
- Beat egg in small bowl and add to buttermilk mixture.
- Pour all ingredients into blender, mixing until all the ingredients are smooth. This is why blender is so great as we do not need a ladle.
- Pour pancakes on a hot, non-stick griddle, or a hot greased skillet.
- Flip as soon as one side is lightly browned and holes appear on top side of pancake. Once lightly browned on other side flip out onto a warm plate.
- SBcanning will serve 3 people - double it if you need more. Serve with 100% real Canadian Maple Syrup and crispy patted bacon, or crispy patted sausages. Yummy!