I made these numerous times in the summer – a delightfully fresh, tart drink that will wet anyone’s whistle!
Strawberry margarita slush
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (can use frozen if in winter)
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (6 - 8 limes)
- 1/4 cup Splenda (sugar replacement)
- 1 tbsp tequila (non-alcoholic use fresh lime juice)
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur (non-alcoholic use fresh orange juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, processing until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; cover and freeze until just firm (approximately 3 -4 hrs).
- Remove chilled strawberry margarita from refrigerator, breaking into pieces. into an already chilled bowl.Beat strawberry mixture with hand mixer until just smooth.
- Now the mixture is ready to serve! Please note that this mixture can stay frozen until you are ready to serve. You may scrape the mixture off in layers of curled shavings to put in fancy dessert dishes.
- This healthy beverage/dessert only contains approximately 50 calories if used with Splenda - what a delightful, classy idea.
- Another thumbs up recipe from SBcanning!
- Recipe serves 6.