The mother of a friend gave me this recipe some years ago. Theresa was a wonderful cook and baker, and this is one of her excellent recipes. Her daughter, Ginny, gave me the recipe above for mini cheesecakes.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
- 1 large container of Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. lemon extract or anise extract
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST:
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix and roll out crust dough to fit a square baking dish.
- Mix the filling, and put on top of the crust.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours.
- The first time I tasted this recipe, Theresa had used the anise extract. It was so delicious that I've never bothered to make it with lemon extract instead.
- As usual, I use Spelt flour.
- I keep Philipio Berio Extra light olive oil on hand when a baked treat recipe calls for oil. Healthy alternatives are what I always strive to use when I cook, or bake.
Leave a Reply