This recipe was given to me by a friend some years ago. It is simple, and quick to prepare; delicious, and attractive to serve on a buffet table of desserts.
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- 1 lb. of philadelphia Cream Cheese (or 2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can of Cherry pie filling (1 lb 5 oz size can)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Cream the cream cheese with sugar, adding 1 egg at a time. Beat up good with electric beaters, add vanilla.
- Place a cupcake liner in each cup of the muffin pan, put 1 vanilla wafer in each cup.
- Fill up each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Remove pan from overn – place 3 cherries on each cheesecake. Let me cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, & place on a dish. Refrigerate until you serve them.
- Makes about 30 mini – cheesecakes, or 18 regular cup cake sized cheesecakes – as in picture.
- I use brown sugar rather than granulated sugar