Alison shared with me her great combination juice and I just had to share. Just like the grape juice it’s super easy and will leave you with some great quarts of juice ready for summer or just a cool glass to quench your thirst.
Alison used a 50/50 mix of cranberries and raspberries for each of the jars. Thanks again Alison for allowing me to share your jars and your recipe!
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Fill hot jars with berries and sugar. Add boiling hot water to fill to 1/2" headspace. Clean rims of jar with wet towel and add hot lids and ring. Place in water bath and process for 20 minutes at full rolling boil.
- Remove jars and leave untouched for 12-24 hours till they are completely cooled. Check the lids to make sure they are sealed.
- Remove rings and leave them off. Clean jars with warm soapy water to remove any stickiness and store in pantry. Remember wait at least a month for the berries to really infuse the water.
Recipe is quantity for each quart jar. You can use less sugar if you like.
RobinPosted on: January 1, 2020
Canned this in January with some frozen raspberries we harvested last year & a package of cranberries that didn’t get used over Christmas. I opened it today & tried it. I love it! It’s a light fruity taste that had the perfect amount of sweetness. I’m hooked & now I’m trying to track down more cranberries to make more!