Thank you Evelyn for sharing your work and picture of this amazing drink which will be perfect for the hot summer months!
Strawberry Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
- 3 cups strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 3 cups raspberries
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- Makes 6-8 pints or 3 quarts of canned concentrate
- In a food processor, blender or bullet puree strawberries and raspberries in batches.
- Transfer strawberry/raspberry puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add lemon juice and sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keep your eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight. Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.
- You can use bottled lemon juice for this recipe as well!!!
- **If you do not want to process this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1 to 2 cup portions.