Audrey put up a great picture yesterday on my FB page for a Cranberry Steak Sauce that looked fantastic. I love steak sauce since it’s just the perfect side just like salsa to spice up the meat.
From Audrey: I tried it with steaks tonight and it was great.We were trying to figure out more ways to use it. Meatballs and pork came up Ithought maybe meatloaf and burgers too.
Cranberry steak sauce
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups red onion
- 1 6oz package dried pineapple
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Zest from 1/2 an orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 garlic powder garlic powder
- Bring cranberries, onion, pineapple, garlic, ginger, zest, and OJ to a boil.Reduce to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredientsand simmer covered for 15 mins.
- Taste and adjust spices to your liking. Continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes uncovered. Remove from heat.
- Use animmersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Fill prepared jars with hot mixture.Fill leaving 1/2 inch head space. Screw prepared lids on finger tight.
- Put inboiling water bath. Once water returns to a boil leave in for 10 minutes.
- Makes 5 -8oz jars.