Karen from my FB page did a great spin on the classic Lemonade concentrates and did a Limeade using cherries as the base fruit of choice. Thanks Karen for sharing your jars and inspiring more fantastic concentrate flavors!
Cherry Limeade Concentrate
- 6 cups cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice*
- 6 cups sugar
- In a food processor, blender or bullet puree cherries in batches.
- Transfer cherry puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add lime juice and sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keep your eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight. Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.
- *You can use bottled lime juice for this recipe as well!!!
- **If you do not want to process this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1 to 2 cup portions.