Karen from my FB page did a great spin on the classic Lemonade concentrates and did a Limeade using cherries as the base fruit of choice. Thanks Karen for sharing your jars and inspiring more fantastic concentrate flavors!
Cherry Limeade Concentrate
The flavor is perfect to put up for the end of summer bbq's and great to have on hand as we get into the holiday party season with the addition of a little tonic water and spirits!
- 6 cups cherries, stemmed and pitted
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice*
- 6 cups sugar
- In a food processor, blender or bullet puree cherries in batches.
- Transfer cherry puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add lime juice and sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keep your eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight. Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.
- *You can use bottled lime juice for this recipe as well!!!
- **If you do not want to process this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1 to 2 cup portions.
Leave a Reply