Peach Rhubarb Jam
Quick post to post another of the recipes that came from Las Vegas Memorial Day Weekend canning! Peach Rhubarb Jam
- 2 cups peaches, chopped
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T. bottled lemon juice
- 1 1/2 T. pectin
- In a stainless steel pot combine peaches and rhubarb. Under medium heat combine fruits and cook till have broken down, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and continue to cook for 10 minutes more or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Bring up the heat and bring recipe to a boil. Add pectin stirring in completely.
- Bring it back to a boil and do not stir for one minute. This will help activate the pectin. Remove from heat immediately.
- Ladle jam into hot, sterlized half pint canning jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Remove air bubbles and refill if necessary.
- Wipe rims with wet paper towel and add hot lids and rings.
- Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. You will start timing once the water comes to a full boil.
makes 3 half pints
BarbaraPosted on: March 30, 2020
This peach/rhubarb jam is absolutely delicious! Thank you for the recipe.