Just a quick post to thank Cindylou from FB for a great recipe to add to my homemade bread making quest! Less than two hours for some beautiful and amazing smelling fresh bread.
In making this bread the key to the perfect height and rise is getting the milk to the perfect temperature to add to the dry ingredients. The rise of the loafs for the 45 minutes was about double before they went into the oven. I’m so excited to show you all! Enjoy!
English Muffin Bread
- 6 cups unsifted flour
- 2 pk yeast - 2 1/2 t. per packet
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine 3 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Heat milk and water until warm (120-130) degrees. Add to dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups of flour to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon into two loaf pans that have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal sprinkle tops with cornmeal cover let rise in warm place free from draft for 45 min.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool and remove from pans.