Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert Recipe is one of the most traditional desserts in Christmas Cuisine. You might try different type of Cookies dessert before but Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert is so buttery and extra delectable. You may try our Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert Recipes and give your family and friends a special impression in these dessert recipes. Besides, you can discover more information about Italian Wedding Cookies, such as History of Italian Wedding Cookies.
Are you looking for Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert Recipes? Ingredients used? Steps to make it? That’s good! You may gain our Italian Wedding Cookies Recipe via SBCanning. Enjoy your stay!
Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert Recipe
Last year, I attended my lecturer’s Italian traditional wedding ceremony and taste Italian Wedding Cookies. It is the first time I can taste varieties of Italian desserts, such as cannoli, zeppole, and tiramisu. Sometimes, we can call Italian Wedding Cookies as ‘Mexican Wedding Cookies’, which is made of cinnamon and confectioners’ sugar. In Russia, people call it as ‘Tea Cakes’, which made with ground hazelnuts. The purpose of using confectioners’ sugar is to make cookies sweeter and give taster special impression.
History of Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert Recipe
The Italian Wedding Cookies is a important dessert during wedding ceremony custom and it is a cultural in Italy. Earlier than the wedding ceremony, women family members from both sides of the families would start to make their favourite cookies. The cookies are brought to the wedding ceremony along with other presents for the couple. The cookies would be offered on long tables. And then, guests will go and enjoy their favourite cookies.
Italian Wedding Cookies Dessert
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 50 grams confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix the cream and butter, add confectioners' sugar and salt gradually. Beat mixture until light and fluffy. Add almonds and vanilla. Blend in flour gradually and mix well.
- Shape into balls (or crescents) using about 1 teaspoon for each cookie. Place on ungreased cookie sheets, and bake for 15-20 min.
- Cool slightly, and then roll in the extra confectioners' sugar. Enjoy it!
- You should beat cream, butter, sugar, almond and vanilla at the right duration. The best is 10 -12 minutes.
- While baking, you should set the correct degrees and timing ( burnt if the degree too high)
- You should not bake the cookies in brown colour. (Not like other cookies).