Somewhere in the shuffle there are a few recipes that got mistakenly deleted from the site that were really great canning recipes and I wanted to re-post them in case there was some interest. I also wanted to have record of them in my canning recipes collection.
The first one to add is the Ginger Pear Butter. It came out really flavorful and I finally finished the last jar of this butter last month.
Ginger Pear Butter
- 10 pc. pears diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 t. lemon juice (bottled)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 T. diced candied ginger
- Combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel or enameled dutch oven. Cook 60 minutes at a simmer till everything softens.
- Continue to cook another 1 to 2 hours stirring occasionally to watch for a thick consistency.
- Using a food mill or immersion blender smooth out the mixture and re-add to pot.
- Once it is thick like applesauce, fill sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, refill to headspace if necessary.
- Wipe rims, add hot lids/rings and process in water bath for 10 minutes once the water has returned to a full boil.