This dessert salad has been a part of our traditional family recipes for Christmas for as long as I can remember. I have tried to reduce the calories so it is edible. It certainly is a big favorite among everyone I have served it too.
Traditional ambrosia salad
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tin mandarin oranges separated and drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup long coconut strings
- This is easiest, fastest recipe I know of.
- Place all ingredients into a medium fancy glass bowl and gently toss until mixture is covered with sour cream.
- Let sit several hours before serving.
- Healthy Recipe will keep for up to 2 days.
- Healthy Recipe serves 6-8 people.