Ultimately, this recipe for cherry salsa is sassy, smart and ready to serve with chicken, beef or any dish you would like to marry this salsa with. My favorite would be chicken with cherry salsa.
Sassy cherry salsa
- 1/2 lb fresh pitted cherries
- 1/2 spanish onion, medium size
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion (or bunch chives)
- Mix all ingredients once they are minced and set aside to for the delicious salsa to savor the flavors.
- You may wish to save the chives to garnish the main dish, chicken in this case.
- Serve healthy recipe with your favorite chicken or meat dish.
- This is an excellent side dish for barbecues as well, as salsa is a diverse sauce. Bring it on!
- SBcanning serves 6 and can be viewed under Poultry Section as well.