Honey-Spiced Fuyu Persimmons
- 8 lbs Fuyu Persimmons or peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups honey
- 1-1 1/2 tsp whole allspice
- 3/4 tsp whole cloves
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- Lemon juice
- Wash peel and pit persimmons. Cut into slices. Prepare 6 wide mouth pint jars for sterilizing by boiling them for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.
- Combine sugar, water and honey. Cook until sugar dissolves.
- Using your funnel fill the bottom of a hot jar, add 2 whole allspice, 1 whole clove, and part of a cinnamon stick. Remove funnel and add persimmons to hot jar and add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Add the hot sugar liquid filling the jars to 1/2" headspace. Remove the air bubbles with the rubber or plastic spatula and refill to the proper headspace if necessary.
- Wipe the rims and place the hot lid/rings on the jars. Process in a water bath canner for 20 minutes at a full rolling boil.
- (Adjust for altitude) Wait 5 minutes, remove and place on dishtowel overnight undisturbed. The next day remove rings and clean jars and label with recipe name and date. Store in a cool, dry, and dark place.