Easy Nut Brittle
Thank you to all the ladies that took the time to share the recipes!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, such as pecan halves, cashews, pistachios, coarsely chopped if large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet and a wide metal spatula with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a 2-quart glass measuring cup, combine sugar, corn syrup, and salt, stirring until sugar is moistened.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in butter and nuts; return to microwave for about 5 minutes, until the sugar mixture is thick, bubbly, and very pale brown in color. Mixture is very hot; use handle when holding and pouring.
- Remove from microwave, stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture may foam up). Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading mixture as thinly as possible with the prepared spatula.
- Let stand 20 minutes until hardened, then lift off sheet, and break brittle into bite-size pieces. Store in a canning jar!
Leave a Reply