I made these over the holidays and they were a hit with the neighbors and family. Great for a special birthday gift for a friend or co-worker.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- 2 bags (12 oz each) Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 cup nuts (almonds, hazelnuts etc)
- 2 t. extract (vanilla, raspberry, almond)
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 can light coconut milk of 14 oz can
- Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips on low heat stirring in coconut milk and heat then 5 minutes on low heat use a double boiler.
- Stir in 2 t. of extract depending on the flavor you want.(almond, raspberry, vanilla etc.)
- Take the coconut/chocolate/extract mixture and put it in a bowl in the freezer and leave for 15 minutes.
- Take out the bowl and make small scoops using a melon baller or small spoon. Set balls in a large glass platter. Refreeze 10- 15 minutes.
- Melt an additional 3/4 bag of second bag of 12 oz chocolate chips in the double boiler.
- Take the balls out of the freezer, roll in melted chocolate, then roll in the coating of choice such as nuts and put on a wax paper lined sheet pan.
- Once you have done the first roll to all of them go back and roll them more melted chocolate for a final coating.
- Store in refrigerator until you are ready to give them away.
- Renee used shredded coconut, chopped hazelnuts, almonds, or left them just plain chocolate!
- Makes about two dozen large