Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipe is one of the most traditional desserts in Italian Cuisine and Christmas Cuisine. You might try different type of Cookies dessert before but Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert is so sweet and extra delicious. You may try our Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipes and give your family and friends a special impression in these dessert recipes. Besides, you can discover more information about Italian Taralli Cookies, such as History of Italian Taralli Cookies.
Are you looking for Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipes? Ingredients used? Steps to make it? That’s good! You may gain our Italian Taralli Cookies Recipe via SBCanning. Enjoy your stay!
Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipe
Christmas Day is around the corner; my classmates prepared varieties of Christmas dessert for Christmas party. One of my classmates was baked Italian Taralli Cookies, which is best to enjoy with wine because of their hard texture. Italian Taralli Cookies was also known as Italian Dunking Cookies. During Christmas Parties, Italian Taralli Cookies can be finding in Christmas parties.
History of Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipe
Italian Taralli Cookies was origin from Southern Italy. The Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipes can be making with various ways, as recipes vary from region to region, and family to family. In Italy, Taralli Cookies has been serving for guests during Christmas parties or special festival.
Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 30 grams sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir butter with sugar until light. And then, add oil, eggs and vanilla gradually.
- Stir in 2 cups of flour and baking powder until well blended.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead in remaining flour. And then, knead until moderately soft dough but not sticky.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the dough and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Break off pieces of dough and roll on a floured surface into small snakes, about 1/2 inches wide by 4 inches long.
- Knot dough pieces, or shape into a S. Place onto ungreased baking sheet, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake it for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Take cookies out from the oven and remove cookies from baking sheet by a metal spatula.
- Let it cool on rack completely and keep into tightly covered container.
- While kneading, you should not over kneading because it will cause your dough to be tough.
- While baking, you should set the correct degrees and timing (cookies will be dry if over bake)
- The cookies can be sprinkle on top with confectioners’ sugar or icing.