Angela’s hubby is a home brewer and with a little inspiration she came up with a homebrew beer mustard. Angela used a basic canning recipe and with a little help from her hubby’s stash created a few jars of fantastic beer mustard. The addition of a homebrewed beer gives a really unique taste. If you have a home brewer family member or friend swap a bottle for a jar of this great mixture! Thanks Angela and thank the hubby!
Angela's Hubby's Homemade Homebrew Mustard
- 1/2 cup each of yellow and brown mustard seeds
- 1 cup homebrew beer (you can use any type of beer or even homebrew wine)
- 2 T. vinegar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mustard powder
- Soak the mustard seeds in the beer (wine) overnight. After 24ish hours add vinegar, salt, mustard powder.
- Using a stick blender or a food processorblend the ingredients till you get the perfect consistency. You may want to add abit more liquid to get the consitency you want.
- Fill jars 1/4 pint jars with the unheated mustard (cold packed) to a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and add hot lids/rings. Process in a waterbath for 10 minutes.