The end of summer peppers are amazing bright and the diversity of heat has given me a great idea. How about a Cowboy Candy using a combination of sweet and hot peppers?
Rainbow Cowboy Candy
- 1 lbs fresh various peppers, sliced
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Slice peppers into rings. Mix cider vinegar, sugar, celery seed, garlic, and cayenne to boil. Reduce for 5 minutes to a simmer.
- Add jalapenos at the simmer for 5 minutes more. Load sterilized jars with jalapenos first and add liquid filling the jars leaving a 1/4 headspace.
- Process in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- Makes 2 pints or 4 half pints