Summer Sizzle Barbecue Sauce
Summer Sizzle Barbecue Sauce ( Small Batch Canning)
- 2 T. Canola oil
- 2 pc. medium onions, chopped
- 2 pc. large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pc. large tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3 T. liquid honey
- 1 T. each Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar
- 1 t. each dry mustard and green peppercorns
- 1/2 t. each chili powder and salt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. hot pepper sauce
Heat oil in a medium stainless steel saucepan over medium high heat.
Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Add tomatoes, wine, honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, peppercorns, chili powder and salt.
Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered for 30 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or blend till smooth.
Stir in tomato sauce, sugar and pepper sauce, return to saucepan and bring to a boil.
Fill jars leaving ½ inch headspace. Process in water bath for 20 minutes. Makes about 3 cups.