Awesome quiche and you can get really creative with the ingredients you use.
- 1 cup imitation krab(crab) diced
- 1/2 cup bay shrimp (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used shredded Colby Jack)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pc. 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust (thawed)
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half cream
Preheat oven to 400ºF
In a medium bowl mix the krab, shrimp, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mix in the bottom of the thawed pie crust.
Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture. As you are pouring you may need to move the mix around to get the eggs not to spill over the edge.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until the top of the quiche begins to turn brown.
Let the quiche set for about 15 minutes once removed from the oven before slicing.