Plum Pudding Dessert
So people call it as plum pudding due to raisin and mixed fruit as main ingredient.
- 2 cups mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Juice and rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
In a large bowl, combine the mixed fruit with prunes, walnuts, orange juice, rind, brandy and golden syrup until well blended.
In another bowl, stir the eggs, cream, and sugar. And then, combine the egg mixture with fruit mixture.
Sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and soda into fruit mixture and stir until well incorporated.
Place the mixture in a greased and lined 5 cup pudding basin.
Place foil over top of basin, securing with a string and then cover with lid.
Place pudding in a large saucepan of boiling water making sure water comes halfway up the side of the basin.
Boil for 5 hours, checking water frequently.
Boil again for a further 1 1/2 hours before serving.
Tips on Preparation of Plum Pudding Dessert
The tips of Plum Pudding Dessert Recipes are useful for your preparation. It is additional information for you to enhance the taste and flavour of your Plum Pudding.
- The electrical mixer can be used in this dessert recipe in order to improve efficiency.
- The Plum Pudding can be served in warm or chilled.