Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert
There are many variations of Italian Taralli Cookies, such as lemon, orange and almond flavour.
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 30 grams sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, stir butter with sugar until light. And then, add oil, eggs and vanilla gradually.
Stir in 2 cups of flour and baking powder until well blended.
Turn out onto floured surface and knead in remaining flour. And then, knead until moderately soft dough but not sticky.
Use plastic wrap to cover the dough and leave it for 20 minutes.
Break off pieces of dough and roll on a floured surface into small snakes, about 1/2 inches wide by 4 inches long.
Knot dough pieces, or shape into a S. Place onto ungreased baking sheet, spacing each 2 inches apart.
Place into the preheated oven and bake it for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
Take cookies out from the oven and remove cookies from baking sheet by a metal spatula.
Let it cool on rack completely and keep into tightly covered container.
Tips on Preparation of Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert
The tips of Italian Taralli Cookies Dessert Recipes are useful for your preparation. It is additional information for you to enhance the taste and flavor of your Italian Taralli Cookies.
- While kneading, you should not over kneading because it will cause your dough to be tough.
- While baking, you should set the correct degrees and timing (cookies will be dry if over bake)
- The cookies can be sprinkle on top with confectioners’ sugar or icing.