Pita Bread Dessert
In Greece, the filling of Pita Bread is tomatoes, cucumbers and feta.
- 250 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 200 ml water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package yeast
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Melt the sugar in the warm water and sprinkle in the dried yeast in a large bowl. Leave it for at least 10 minutes or until frothy.
Adding two cups of flour and whisk it for 3 minutes.
Adding another two cups of flour and stir it for 3 minutes.
Turn out onto floured surface and knead until moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic.
Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and cover with plastic wrap. Leave it for 10 minutes.
On well floured surface lightly roll one piece of dough at a time into a 7 inch round, turning dough over once.
Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes until puffed.
Turn over with spatula and bake for another 2 minutes until lightly brown.
Let it cool completely and slice bread in half crosswise to serve.
Tips on Preparation of Pita Bread Dessert
The tips of Pita Bread Dessert Recipes are useful for your preparation. It is additional information for you to enhance the taste and flavour of your Pita Bread.
- While kneading, you should not over kneading because it will cause your bread to be tough.
- While baking, you should set the correct degrees and timing (burnt if the degree too high)
- The Pita Bread can be keep for up to 2 days if wrapped tightly but it is better to served in warm immediately as more delicious.
- You can add the desired filling into the pocket of Pita Bread.