Home-made pizza sauce
Today, we will make a Pizza Sauce, just to show you how easy it really is.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 elephant clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped finely
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (my favorite is Aylmer’s or Hunt’s)
- 2 small jars tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 bay leaf
Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until transparent and soft; then add the remaining ingredients, mixing while adding them.
Simmer on very low for 1 hour, or until sauce thickens; stir occasionally during the simmering time.
Healthy Recipe yields sauce to make 1 large or 2 medium pizzas. Taste is the best.
Look under Main Categories, Pizza for the sauce and yummy different toppings to see what is your fancy.