Minestrone soup with kale
SBcanning has found this delectable Minestrone soup with Kale added to it.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into quarters, then sliced into 4-inch strips
- 3 1/2 oz baby carrots, cut into halves width wise
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups kale, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato juice or V-8 juice
- 15 oz white kidney beans or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked rotini
- 3/4 grated Parmesan cheese (use fresh shaved for best flavor)
Heat oil in a large pot. Add zucchini, carrots and onion.
Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
Add diced tomatoes, broth and white or great northern beans.
Simmer for 20 minutes until carrots are tender. Stir in ground sea salt and ground black pepper.
To serve, pour into bowls and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan generously to top of each bowl of soup.
Be certain to add this flavorful soup to your healthy recipes for healthy living.
This incredible healthy Minestrone Kale Soup serves 10.