Chocolate pecan oaties
SBcanning must offer some good healthy cookies for the little ones and when the kids come home from school.
- 1 cup Nutri-Flour
- 1/2 tsp each baking soda and salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp finely grated orange peel (orange peel is the ultimate in these cookies)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut and coarsely cut pecans
Pre-heat oven to 325F . Spray cookie sheet with non stick healthy cooking spray.
In a bowl, stir in flour, baking soda, pinch of salt and orange peel. Stir gently with a fork.
Using spoon, stir in Nutri-mix Robin Hood flour into large bowl above. Add chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Mix until just combined.
Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
Place on baking sheets 4 inches apart, flattening into rounds.
Bake in centre of 325F oven until edges are golden, but centers are soft, 12 – 15 minutes. Watch carefully.
Cook on rack when cooked. Store at room temp in air tight container.
Cookies will make 26 per batch – can be frozen in container with tight fitting lid. This is such a favorite to make ahead for when the grans come over for a visit.
Use for energy snacks, or lunches or for coffee snack.
Each cookies contains approximately 164 calories only 2 gms. fat.