Orange cranberry tea bread
SBcanning suggests Orange Cranberry Tea Bread be used not only for teas, but also for healthy snacks, healthy lunches for school and even as a dessert.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs organic if you can
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) ROBIN HOOD Nutri-Blend
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen cranberries chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange zest (replacement which I use is grated orange peel (2 tbsp)
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)/ Grease an 8 1/2″ X 4 1/2″ (1.5 litre) pan.
Beat butter and Splenda brown sugar blend until light and fluffy. Scrape bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients together. Add half of dry mixture to wet ingredients. Add buttermilk and then remaining dry mixture. Fold in cranberries and orange zest (or 2 tbsp grated orange peel). Spoon in prepared pan. Sprinkle with topping.
Bake in preheated oven for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Preparation Time 20 minutes - Baking Time - Makes 16 slices - Cranberry Orange Tea Bread freezes very well.