I wanted to add this to the site because I get asked about it every once and a while from my followers on Facebook. It’s not something I would personally make but the color and concept of soda jelly is super fun! I have listed a few of the popular ones but I am sure if you can dream it and it comes in soda you can make it into jelly. It just takes a lot of sugar! Enjoy!
- 12 ounce bottles carbonated beverages
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 ounce envelopes liquid pectin
- Combine soft drink and sugar in a heavy sauce pot.Bring to boil and continue that boil for one minute.
- Add the liquid pectin. Stirring constantly, bring to another boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into clean hot half pint jars leaving 1/4" headspace, wipe rims, add hot lids and rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
- Remember when using liquid pectin it can take up to 48 hours to a week for the jelly to set!