Need something other than pie for a quick dessert? Helen shared with me two fantastic desserts using your homemade pie filling. These are done with apple pie filling but you could use any of your fruit fillings.
Thank you Helen for sharing these great easy recipes!
Here are the Pie Filling recipes including Apple Pie Filling!
Apple Pie Tacos
- 1 can/jar apple pie filling
- 6-8 pc. flour tortillas...6 inch size
- oil for frying tortillas
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- whipped cream
- Place apple pie filling in a sauce pan. Stir until warm.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds, then lay it on one side until browned and then place on other side down until browned.
- Remove from oil and sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 6 pc. 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c water
- Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon; roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes. (I spoon butter mixture over enchiladas about every 5 min)
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. They are great on their own.