Linda asked me about making this recipe last week and I am so excited to see that it worked out and is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Linda for sharing your picture to add to this super easy and soon to be popular recipe.
Watermelon Lemonade Concentrate
- 6 cups watermelon, pureed
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- In a foodprocessor, blender or bullet puree watermelon in batches. Cooking: Transfer watermelon puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and stir to combine. Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Becausethis recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keep youreye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixtureinto jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten ringsjust finger tight. Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute,mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjustconcentrate to suit your taste.
- You can use bottled lemon juice for this recipe as well!!!
- **If you do not want to process this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1 to 2 cup portions.